The Cloak Tower

The Cloak Tower

In the days of Nasher Alagondar, the Cloak Tower was the headquarters of the Order of the Many-Starred Cloak, a mage’s guild in Neverwinter that rivaled the Arcane Brotherhood in Luskan. According to some rumors, they were the primary reason that the Arcane Brotherhood did not expand is influence throughout the Sword Coast. According to others, they were the true power behind Neverwinter’s golden age.

When the Spellplague struck, the tower and its occupants disappeared. It reappeared six months later in its current location in the River District. According to tavern tales, thieves tried to break into the tower a few months after its reappearance. They found the halls empty, without mages or bodies, just the guild members’ storied cloaks hanging on pegs on the walls. Then the cloaks came to life, strangling all of the thieves to death but one who escaped to tell the tale. The story kept Neverwintans from approaching he tower for decades.

After the eruption of Mount Hotenow in the Year of Knowledge Unearthed (419 NR, 1451 DR), an orcish expedition from the kingdom of Many Arrows made its way into the city and established itself in the old Cloak Tower. Many Neverwintans expected that the cloaks would slay the orcs as they did the thieves in the old story, but no such thing happened. The Cloak Tower became the orcs’ central hold in the city until the expedition left.

After the ascension of King Rodrik, the Cloak Tower became the embassy for the Kingdom of Many-Arrows, occupied by their ambassador, Orrusk the Old, and his assistant, Hargul Half-Elf.

The Cloak Tower

Neverwinter Jason